Lisa cares about you and has the experience to represent your interests in the State House.
Lisa already has a track record of fighting for the community. Lisa has life experience - she understands what it is like to have a job, to pay bills, to raise a family, and to care for aging parents here.
• Protect our conservation and agricultural land so it can give us clean water, clean air and food.
• Plant trees in our parks, schools and neighborhoods to maintain our outdoor lifestyle and cope with storms.
• Help our students thrive by funding and retaining high-quality teachers.
• Reduce traffic and fix dangerous roads so we can walk, bike, and drive safely.
• Lower our cost of living and create local jobs through locally-produced food and clean energy.
• Keep our community safe by giving law enforcement tools to keep violent and repeat offenders off our streets, while helping rehabilitate the rest.
• Tackle local homelessness.
Lisaʻs track record:
- Proud graduate of Kailua Intermediate and Kalaheo High School.
- Doctorate in Public Health at Columbia University, Master in Public Policy at Harvard University, and Bachelors in political science at Pitzer College & Waseda University (Tokyo).
- Founded a non-profit focused on habitat restoration and education which has engaged thousands of local students over the last 5 years.
- Worked 15 years in health care on child nutrition, reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS, including as an Assistant Professor at the John A. Burns School of Medicine, UH Mānoa.
- Successfully fought for laws to protect beach parks and neighborhoods from over-commercialization, to create local clean energy jobs, and to improve traffic safety.
- Served on the Kailua Neighborhood Board and Lanikai Association.
Listen to the videos
Representative Chris Lee
Senator Laura Thielen
I’ve spent my career in Public Health and Environmental Health, and now want to continue my service by representing your interests in the State House.
I am a local girl who went off-island for my education and to start my career. Soon after having children, I moved back home to raise my family. I’m a proud grad of Kailua Intermediate and Kalaheo High School. After college in California and Japan, I was blessed to earn a Master in Public Policy at Harvard University and then a Doctorate in Public Health at Columbia University.
Public Health is the science of gathering and evaluating evidence to make good decisions, whether it’s an epidemic like COVID-19 or for the health of our community in regular times. A thriving community depends on healthy and productive land and water, access to medical care, and mix of other key ingredients like affordable housing, good education and a fair working wage.
After 15 years in health care and research, including at UH Mānoa, I started a non-profit to address environmental threats to our health in collaboration with schools and the Department of Land and Natural Resources. I have also fought, for over a decade, for local housing and traffic safety.
I humbly ask for your vote.